Contract-Temp Club Coach
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Ambitious Northern Club based in North West England, is looking to recruit a Club Coach for the 2018-19 season to join our coaching team working with our Men’s and Women’s squads. The role will also include being the lead / match day coach for either our Men’s 2’s or Women’s 2’s squads. Candidates need to be good team players and work as part of a coaching team (including Men’s and Women’s 1’s squad and GK Performance Coaches) to inspire, motivate and encourage players of all standards to develop and reach their full potential. Player Coach applications will be considered (Male or Female).
Are you motivated by the opportunity of working with an ambitious club that is always striving to invest in its facilities, hockey delivery and player experience – are you looking for a new challenge?
Timperley Hockey Club has the ideal opportunity for you! We have some of the best club based facilities in the North of England, have recently agreed a new hockey development strategy and the role holder will be able to play key part in developing and delivering our coaching and playing ambitions as part of our coaching team.
Our Women’s 1’s play in the Investec Women’s National League (North Conference) and Men’s 1s in the North Hockey League Premier Division. The Women’s 2s play in North Division 2 and Men’s 2 in the North West Hockey League.
We also planning the next phase of investment in our facilities that currently include a large clubhouse and two on site floodlit ATP’s. With a dedicated committee, 11 senior teams, a thriving academy and supportive membership it is an exciting time to be associated with Timperley Hockey Club and be part of our future plans. For more details about us please see our website www.timperleyhockeyclub.com
Our strategy is for our five coaches to work as a team, pooling knowledge expertise and personalities to deliver a varied, progressive and challenging coaching model adopted across the Club.
As one of the Club coaches you will lead two main coaching sessions a week (both on a Tuesday evening between 7.00pm – 10.00pm). The Club Coach will also be appointed to be the lead coach for either* the Women’s or Men’s 2/3’s squad plus club coaching session for other teams.
*Allocation to a specific squad will be confirmed as part of the selection process. Please state a preference on your application for Men, Women or either.
Club Coaches will play a key role in delivering coaching to improve the overall standards and capability across all sides, and work with the Performance Coaches to support the movement of players to the Men’s and Women’s 1’s squads. Club Coaches will also:
– feed into selection working with the Performance Coaches and Men’s and Women’s Club Captain’s and team captains
– support the development and delivery of development pathways across the squads and transition to senior hockey and development of Academy players.
Our three Club Coaches will also play a key role in developing and delivering the standards and ethos required to develop our main 1st XI squads, build a strong squad and individual player performance culture, and translate this into on the pitch performance and results and where relevant support the 1’s squads.
For the Club Coach role we are looking for an experienced level 2 (or equivalent experience) coaches with a vibrant personality to enthuse and inspire the players and translate our vision and strategy into action. A track record of coaching, managing or playing at Regional League level is desirable, but not essential.
The successful candidates must be committed and be able to demonstrate effective planning, delivering and evaluating all aspects of the coaching programmes and work as part of the wider coaching team. The successful applicant’s will be supported by, and work closely with the Men’s, Women’s and GK Performance Coaches and the Hockey Development Chair to facilitate a whole-club approach to player development and coaching experience.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Working within the overall coaching framework to support the planning of pre-season and in season coaching programmes to create balanced, motivational and tailored sessions to get the most out of all players and squads
• Leading delivery of coaching sessions, within the overall approach, and working with other coaches to manage player selection and movement between sides and developing young talent
• Video analysis and feedback to the team and individuals where applicable
• Supporting and encouraging player fitness and conditioning programs
• Leading and coaching one of the following teams, Men’s or Women’s 2’s squad, on match days (mainly Saturdays) in the league and cup
• Working with the Club’s academy to develop and deliver the talent and performance pathways and where agreed support or deliver coaching as part of this programme
Key competencies we are looking for are:
• Proven success in squad and individual player development at a range of levels
• Good track record of delivering on the pitch results and optimising squad performance through the analysis and application of a range of technical and tactical interventions
• Good leadership skills including the ability to motivate individuals at a range of levels to develop as players and playing squads
• Strong team player and good interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate well with players, other coaches and the club committee. Ability, and desire, to integrate well into the club as a whole.
• Ability to use video analysis and evidence of how this has been used to develop individuals and the team
• Level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent or equivalent experience
The roles will be supported by the Hockey Development Chair and Hockey Committee and the successful candidate will be expected to work openly and enthusiastically with officers from the club and wider coaching team.
Successful candidates must be positive role models and operate in a professional way when representing Timperley Hockey Club and leading the squad(s) and coaching.
Other coaching opportunities
There may also be the opportunity for additional coaching activity in addition to the role and may include: other senior teams; junior age groups or our growing schools and community outreach programme.
Applications – Closing date Sunday 6th May 2017
How to Apply
CLOSING DATE SUNDAY 6th MAY 2018 The package available is dependent on experience, coaching and personal qualifications and will be negotiated depending on the appointment. The club welcomes applications from suitably experienced and qualified coaches and player coaches. To apply please provide a covering letter setting out what you feel you could bring to Timperley Hockey Club and the preference for working with Men’s or Women’s squads or either along with a copy of an up to date CV / Resume including relevant playing and coaching experience, qualifications and details of two referees. Overseas applications must confirm that they currently have the right to work in the UK. Relocation costs will not be paid. Time: All senior training for all THC senior squads is on a Tuesday evening. Matches are on a Saturday, with occasional Sundays. Pre-season training will commence in July - September on Tuesday and Saturdays. Location: Timperley Sports Club, Stockport Road, Timperley, Altrincham, Cheshire, UK, WA15 7LU Salary: Negotiable - subject to experience and dependent upon role Contact: Caroline Small, Hockey Development Chair e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
384 total views, 1 today