Full-Time Business Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Whitford Hockey Club is seeking a Business Manager to run the top-class hockey and function facility at Warwick Hockey Centre in Perth, Western Australia.
Since the Centre opened in 2017 it has been highly successful, with four clubs utilising it as their training facility and home turf. The Centre also successfully co-hosted the Under 13 National Championships and the recent Hockeyroos-Spain international series. The Centre has also been the venue for a number of private functions. We are seeking a Business Manager who can build on this success.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Management of the turf facility, including hiring, fixturing, maintenance, and coordination with all stakeholders including hockey clubs, Hockey WA, turf venues and local Warwick groups
• Management of the clubroom and function room bar, catering and merchandising facilities, including procurement, marketing and maintenance
• Hiring, training and supervision of staff employed in all parts of the facility, as well as volunteers using the facilities
• Event planning and management
• Compliance with lease obligations and statutory regulations
• Policy and procedure enhancement.
The right person for this role will have a passion for sport and the Club, and be prepared to go that extra mile for our members, hirers and customers. Business skills in purchasing, cash management, recording, planning, staff management and organisation are necessary to manage the various aspects of the role concurrently. A business background and a relevant degree (such as sports management or business) will be highly regarded.
The Business Manager will be required to regularly report to the Club’s Management Group, and be accountable for the financial and operating performance of the facility. Day-to-day administrative reporting will be to the Club Treasurer.
Due to the seasonal nature of hockey, flexibility in relation to working days and hours will be required, with time accumulated during the busy winter season able to be taken off over the quieter summer months. A base salary with statutory superannuation will be paid monthly, plus other benefits including gym membership and telephone and mileage allowances. Training will be provided to obtain various statutory certificates in relation to health and safety and liquor licensing, as well as for broader personal development.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to David Moroney via the Apply Online button below by 20 March 2018. Further information including a position description can be obtained from David on 08 9402 2735 or 0409 299 355.
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
1432 total views, 2 today