Full-Time Travel and Administration Officer (E/F) – FIH
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The International Hockey Federation (FIH) is seeking candidates for the position of Travel and Administration Coordinator (TAC), someone ready to enter the fast-paced world of hockey and demonstrate the FIH core values of being inclusive, optimistic, progressive and dynamic.
With 137 member National Associations and millions of fans around the world, hockey enjoys a strong global profile and following. You will become part of a talented team aiming to build upon this exposure with a mission to grow the game globally through targeted development work as part of FIH’s dynamic 10-year ‘Hockey Revolution’ strategy.
With further game-changing developments in the pipeline, including the introduction of a new portfolio of events in 2019, it is certainly an exciting time to be joining the FIH.
The role is a full-time position based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Reporting directly to the People, Governance & Operations Director and as part of the executive team, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing all flight related tasks for the FIH. This includes booking flights for the FIH executive, committees, panels, officials and staff. It will also include booking accommodation, transfers and assisting with visa applications, if required. The TAC will be responsible for managing the FIH travel budget in collaboration with the appropriate Director. She/he will also offer general administrative support for two FIH Directors, as well as contribute to the smooth running of the FIH office.
Key Responsibilities, Tasks and Activities
* In collaboration with the appropriate staff member, book flights, accommodation, transfers and visas as required, adhering to the FIH Travel Policy:
– Oversee the internal travel authorization procedure
– Research the best price/time solution for every trip
– Optimize, follow, meet deadlines and ensure the quality of service
– Ensure optimal collaboration with various partners and suppliers
* Manage the FIH travel costs and budget with the appropriate Director
* Contribute to the creation of an effective FIH travel system both internally and externally with outside suppliers
* Provide standard administrative support to the TV & Broadcast Director and the Marketing & Communications Director
* Provide logistical and organizational assistance for FIH meetings, if requested
* Provide administrative and logistical assistance for the Olympic Games, FIH World Cups, FIH Congress and other major events as required by the PGO Director
* Contribute to office information and knowledge management systems
Skills & Experience Required
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant experience is necessary
• Experience working in a pressure environment with a can-do attitude to solving problems and issues
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude during challenging situations
• Good planning and project management skills, ability to deliver against targets
• Fluency in spoken and written English and French is a prerequisite, other languages an advantage
• Committed and enthusiastic individual demonstrating FIH’s values, good judgement, cooperation, respect and emotional intelligence
• Customer service orientation, friendly, polite and well presented, with a sense of tact and diplomacy
• Highly developed sense of order, satisfaction from things running well with great attention to detail
• Capable of setting a high standard of administrative professionalism
• Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure
The position is full-time, based in Lausanne, Switzerland
Start date 1st November 2017 or TBD.
No relocation fees will be offered for this position.
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 29th September 2017 or click on the Apply Now button below
The FIH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for the position will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please send CVs via APPLY ONLINE by Friday, 29th September 2017
Unless specified in the job description, you must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
1828 total views, 1 today